- Department of Food Technology is offering B.Tech. in Food Technology from 2006 onwards and M.Tech in Food Technology from 2013 onwards.
- Department is having full fledged laboratory facilities including high and analytical instruments like HPLC to provide the students hands on experience and also for the conduction of research.
- 12 research scholars have completed their PhD and 9 research scholars are pursuing their PhD in our research centre.
- One international travel grant was funded by UGC to present a research paper at Malaysia.
- Department consistently maintains good placement in leading food industries like ITC, Parle Agro, Hatsun Agro Pvt Ltd,Tirumala Milk Foods,Tastee Masala.
- MOU signed with various industries and Institutes/Universities including SKM Egg Private Limited,Vinu Foods and IIFPT.
- Conduced 9 funded seminars/workshops/ sponsored by ICMR, DST, DBT, MoES and organized national and international conferences.
- Silver Jubliee National Conference on Technology Applications for Sustainable Development (Dept of Civil,Chemical,Food) conducted on 29 th and 30 th January 2009.
- National Meat and Poultry Processing Board (NMPPB), Govt.of India sponsored one day training program on ‘Hygiene Slaughtering and Slaughter House Management’ to Butchers jointly organized with Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT) formely known as IICPT, Thanjavur.
- Training programme on “Fruit and Vegetable Processing” and Bakery and Confectionery Technology” conducted for self help groups and entreprenuers jointly with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Agri Summit 2017 was conducted in coordination with TIE.
- Department is offering testing and consultancy services in the areas like New Product Development, Shelf life studies, Implementation of Quality Assurance, Process Know-hows, Quality &Safety training and Water Analysis
- Students were awarded with may prizes and awards for poster, paper and project presentations at reputed Institutions/Professional bodies all over India like IIT,NIT, TNAU, AFSTI etc.