Department of English
- The department offers Ph. D., part—time programme under Anna University Chennai. The faculty have undergone training programme in Infosys, Xansa, ELCOT, Cognizant, British Council and they in turn, train the students on soft skills and personality development. The department also organizes various workshops on personality development and communication skills for members of faculty of other departments.
- A 2-day Training-cum-workshop on “Research in ELT & Applied Linguistics” was organized by the Department of English on 4 th & 5 th March, 2016.
- A one day workshop on “Functional Grammar and Grammar Teaching” was held on 26.04.2016. 16 faculty members from English Dept. participated.
- Business English Certificate (BEC) training programme was conducted by the British Council trainers for our faculty on 2 nd & 3 rd May, 2016. (in association with the Placement Cell). 17 faculty members from English Dept. participated.
- A two day international conference on “Emerging Approaches and Methods in English Language Teaching (EAMELT)” was conducted on 09.12.2015 & 10.12.2015 in association with The Global Association of English Studies & All India Network of English Teachers (AINET).
- A One week workshop on Technical Communication, under the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India) was conducted by IIT Bombay at Kongu Engineering College from 30/11/2015 to 05/12/2015. Forty faculty members from all departments of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), and Humanities of the institution got trained during the workshop.
- A national workshop on “How to Write Effective Research Papers for Conferences and Journals” has been successfully conducted for three years consecutively from 2013 to 2015.
- A workshop on Skill Based Training through Technology and Human Interface - An Industry Institute Initiative was conducted on 25th & 26th July 2012 for the benefit of English Language Teaching fraternity. Forty five English Language Teachers from various Engineering colleges, Arts and University departments attended the programme.
- The department of English and ELTAI Erode Chapter conducted a One day workshop on Business Communication on 17th September 2011.
- The English Department inaugurated an ELTAI (English Language Teachers Association of India) Erode Chapter on 8th July, 2011 at Kongu Engineering College to cater to the needs of the English teachers in this region.
- The Department of English conducted the Sixth International Congress on English Grammar from 09—13, January 2010.
- National Conference was organized on “English Language Teaching and Learning–Industry Institute Perspective” in February 2009.