Electrical and Electronics
- Department of EEE has received the Best Industry-linked Technical Institute award by AICTE Survey during 2013-2014
- Best department award – 2007
- Best IIPC award – 2015
- R & D Projects: Funds sanctioned by DST,UGC,TNSCST,AICTE worth of 83.855 lakhs
- Organized 25 sponsored Seminars/Workshop/FDP funded by CSIR,DBT,MNRE,ISRO etc.,
- Publications by faculty for last 4 years : 201
- Revenue generated through IIP cell in the last 3 years - Rs.19.64 lakhs.
- Organized 54 self-supporting courses, seminars & workshops for the past 4 years.
- Consultancy activities are strengthened with three Energy Auditors and two Energy Manager.
- Actively involved in consultancy activities with various industries like Neyveli Lignite Corporation, Mahindra Water Utilities, Sakthi Auto Components Private Ltd. and BPL India Ltd,NIMI (National Instructional Media Institute).
- Signed MOU with Innotec Consultants/ WISE Management Systems, Chennai, Enzen Global Solutions, Bangalore,Cranes software,KST wind engineering,DMW Electric Industries.
- Students project titled 'Ration Automation using RFID' was awarded with cash prize of Rs.1 lakh by Techtop, Trivandrum, Kerala in all India level in the year 2007.
- Students report titled 'Energy Auditing of Kongu Engineering College'has been awarded first with cash prize of Rs. 10,000 by the Energy Conservation Society, Kerala.
- Mr. S. Karthik Raj (2010-2011) has been selected to attend the Conference organized by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), USA.
- National Design Research forum (IE) awarded Gold medal to Mr. P. R. Bharanidharan (2010-2011) and silver medal to Mr. M. Vivekanandan (2011-2012) in the All India Student Project Design Contest.
- Mr.M.Deepak Kumar(2012-2013) has received the ‘Best Engineering Student Award’ from Economic Research India Limited, Mumbai during 2012.
- The NCC cadet Mr.A.L.Subramanian got First place in National level directorate wise foot drill competition and public speech about the topic 'Role of Women in India' held at All India Advanced Leadership camp, Bhuj, Gujarat during December 2011.
- Students project titled ‘Smart home – An energy efficient building’ was awarded with cash prize of Rs 5,56,989 by Renewable energy Innovation contest,IIT Madras
- 1994 : B.E (EEE) program started
- 1999 : 5 Ranks including gold medal were obtained from Bharathiar University
- 2002 : M.E[AE] program started
- 2005 : Research Centre
- 2008 : Best department award
- 2009 : International Conference on Control Automation Communication and Energy Conservation
- 2001-2006-2012- Accredited for 3 years thrice by NBA
- 2011 : M.E[PED] program started
- 2013 : Department of EEE has received the Best Industry-linked Technical Institute award by AICTE Survey
- 2015 : Received Best IIPC Award
- 2016: IET-YPS, sponsored One Day National conference on “Power, Control and Energy Monitoring” is organized.
- 2017 : Established IET KEC student chapter